2014 Alzheimer’s Awareness Writing Contest
1. Email entries to AGING@ALZALASKA.ORG or mail to Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska
2. Limit One Entry per Person
3. All Entries must be Original Essays or in Story Form
4. 1,000 Word Maximum, double spaced, 12pt font or legibly hand written
5. Entries Must be Received by 5:00PM, November 21st
6. Entries must include entrants' name, age, & contact information - including mailing address, email and phone #
7. Judging will take place following the deadline and will be decided by a panel selected by Alzheimer's Resource of Alaska. Judging will be anonymous and all decisions are final.
8. Judging will be based on: creativity, representation of theme and flow of ideas.
9. Winners will be announced on DECEMBER 5, 2014. One winner will be selected from each of the following age characters and one GRAND PRIZE will be awarded to ONE overall winner.
10. AGE CATEGORIES are as follows:
12-18 / 19-35 / 36-50 / 51-74 / 75+ ---- Prizes in each Age Category To Be Announced - check back regularly!
11. GRAND PRIZE Travel on Alaska Airlines (40,000 miles) and excerpt of winning entry included in Senior Voice newspaper and Alzheimer's Resource of Alaska winter newsletter.
12. All entries become the property of Alzheimer's Resource of Alaska which retains the right to use and publish the work in whole or part. Permission will be sought if entries are published elsewhere and the applicant may choose to remain anonymous. Entries will NOT BE RETURNED.
13. Alzheimer's Resource of Alaska Board Members, staff and their immediate family are not eligible to enter.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNERS:
Maggie Wilkinson for “Knitting Socks” – READ THE ESSAY HERE
Sonya Davis for “Bring a Rock” – READ THE ESSAY HERE