Ways to Donate
Thank you for choosing to donate to Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska. Your contribution will help fund programs, services and research vital to individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders and frail elders in Alaska.
You can make a difference
Provide a stable flow of support throughout the year to programs provided by Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska through monthly giving.
Become a Monthly Donor
You can help an elder receive up to 17 hours of chore services each week when you make a monthly gift today.
When you donate a monthly gift you are providing a reliable stream of support our organization allowing us to continue offering free classes and educational programs throughout the year. Use this safe and secure online form today.
How it works:
• You determine the amount of your monthly donation and you can alter or stop it by any time by calling 561-3313 or toll free at 1-800- 478-1080
• Your credit card is charged at or around the same day each month and you receive a confirmation email when charged.
• Each January you will receive a statement of your donations over the past year that can be used for tax-deduction purposes.
• Your monthly giving will automatically be renewed each year.
Give a gift in Remembrance
Honor the memory of a loved one by making a memorial gift in remembrance of their life.
By making this donation to Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska you will honor your loved one by helping us provide education, support and services to individuals affected by Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia and frail elders across the entire state of Alaska.
When you give a memorial gift you will be asked to provide the name of the person you are honoring and a name and address of anyone else you would like to receive notification of the tribute. An announcement of your memorial gift will be sent by mail.
Your tribute will appear online and in our newsletter sent quarterly.
Create a memorial today
To give a gift in honor of individual or special occasion such as a birthday, anniversary or retirement, please see Special Gifts.
Honor a person or event with a special gift
Give a gift to celebrate an occasion such as an anniversary, birthday or retirement.
When you celebrate a loved one or event with a special gift from Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska you can recognize someone special, commemorate a milestone or a significant occasion, such as a birthday, anniversary or retirement.
By using our safe and secure online form, you can select the special occasion you wish to celebrate, as well as indicate the name and address for the person being honored.
The honored person will be mailed an announcement, to announce your special gift.
Give a gift now and make a difference for frail elders though out Alaska.
Give a special gift
Each year we have multiple opportunities to make a difference in the lives of others by raising money for Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska.
You can easily contribute to Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska through employer and employee giving programs.
Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska is the leading source of information, support and services for Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders in the state of Alaska. You can easily support us when you sign up for workplace giving or take advantage of an employer’s matching gift program and maximize the impact your donation has.
Your donation stays in the state and goes to fund education, research, programs and services across the entire state of Alaska.
Workplace giving makes supporting Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska easy for you and helps us provide support and services to frail elders and their families in Alaska. We participate in the following programs:
The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) promotes and supports philanthropy through a program that provides federal employees the opportunity to improve the quality of life for those in need of the health and human services around the world. To contribute through the campaign please use our CFC # 52943 on the pledge forms.
Alaska Community Share (ACS) Founded in 1985, Alaska Community Share increases the involvement of citizens in issues that affect our communities. For more information, call 907-258-4576 they will answer any questions you have, and provide you with the information you need to include Alaska Community Share in your next workplace giving campaign.
Many employers will match your donation to Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska meaning that your gift has double the impact on our efforts to educate and support individuals with dementia and those who care for them. Check with your employer to see if they have a program for matching gifts.
Everyday ways to support Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska
Make a difference online by staying in touch through social media and using search engines.
Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska Online
You can make an impact by spreading awareness of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia online. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay up-to-date on current events and breaking news then use your online network to become an ambassador for the cause. By commenting, sharing a story or retweeting you will spread awareness to others.
Search and Shop
You can also raise money for Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska simply by using GoodSearch to search for content on the web and shop online. Each time you do a search or shop, GoodSearch will donate to our cause! Sign up and add Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska as your charity of choice. You can make it simple with a search toolbar.
Legacy contributions allow you to combine your philanthropic charitable giving goals with your estate and financial planning. Your gift will provide lasting benefits through our programs and services for future generations.
There are a number of ways you can make a financial commitment from your will, living trust, or other estate plans:
The most widely chosen method of leaving a legacy gift is to remember the Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska in a will or living trust. There are several ways to leave a bequest:
• You can define a specific dollar amount or specify a percentage of your overall estate;
• You can leave the residual amount of your estate after all other specific bequests and obligations are met; or
• You can leave a particular asset such as securities, real estate, life insurance, retirement account or valuable personal property.
Your bequest to the Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska, may qualify for a range of tax benefits depending upon the nature of the assets that you donate as well as the size of your estate. Please contact our development office if you have any additional questions. Please consult your financial advisor or attorney for more information regarding planned giving options.
Gifts of appreciated stock or other securities can be a mutually beneficial way of contributing to the Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska and receive tax benefits at the same time.Contact our finance office at 907-531-3313 regarding any stock or securities transfer your considering and we will provide you or your representative with the instructions complete the transfer.The information provided on this website is for general educational and public benefit purposes. Anyone viewing this material is strongly encouraged to seek counsel from a qualified accounting, legal, or financial advisor prior to any estate planning. Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska is a 501(c)(3) organization. Your contribution may qualify for a tax deduction based on individual circumstances. Our tax identification number is 92-0101736.
Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska embraces this Donor Bill of Rights and abides by its guidelines.
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
• To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
• To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
• To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
• To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
• To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
• To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
• To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
• To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
• To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
• To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.