The Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska as a part of Alzheimer’s Awareness Month is proud to announce its second annual Writing Contest. The theme is “Memorable Moments of Care”
Please note: Due to winter weather conditions, judging for the writing contest has been delayed one week and winners will now be announced on December 13th.
Please review the following rules for the format and relevant dates.
- Limit one (1) entry per person.
- All entries must be original work completed in English and must be in essay or story form.
- Entries may be up to 1,000 words ( 4 pages typed and double spaced) in length and must be typed or legibly written. Please use 12 point font.
- Entrants must reside in Alaska and be a member of one of the age groups
- Entries must include the entrants’ name, age, and contact information including mailing address, email, and phone number. Pages must be numbered with the entrants name on each one, though names will not be available to judges.
- Entries must be received by 5:00 PM on Friday, November 29, 2013.
- Judging will take place following the deadline and will be decided by a panel selected by Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska; all decisions are final.
- Judging will be based on: creativity; representation of theme; and flow of ideas.
- Winners will be announced on
December 6, 2013December 13, 2013; one winner will be selected from each age category and one grand prize will be awarded to an overall winner.
- Age categories:
- Grand Prize: Travel on Alaska Airlines (40,000 miles)with excerpt of the winning entry published in the Senior Voice and the Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska winter newsletter.
- All entries become the property of Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska which retains the right to use and publish the work in whole or in part. Permission will be sought if entries are published elsewhere and the applicant may choose to remain anonymous. Entries will not be returned.
- Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska board members, staff and their immediate family are not eligible to enter.
Please email entries to: email@example.com
or mail to:
Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska
ATTN: Cheryl Westley
1750 Abbott Rd. Anchorage, AK 99507