Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. There are currently no open positions as of this date.
The program assistant is the primary support for the Care Coordination program. This position provides assistance with development, organization and maintenance of centralized information systems, billing, program reports, quality assurance tasks and other duties necessary for day to day operation of the program. The program assistant Interfaces with clients, caregivers, and service providers to forward calls, assist with intakes, and other office procedures.
Essential Job Functions
• Interface with care coordination staff, clients and caregivers as well as assisted living homes and service providers.
• Assist with the preparation, completion and maintenance of computerized activity logs, billing reports, monthly surveys and other forms.
• Prepare and distribute program materials.
• Assist with quality assurance program and evaluation tasks
• Develop and maintain mailing lists
• Keep inventory of loan closet, program forms and supplies
• Provide support to care coordination staff with aspects of client service coordination.
• Serves as a backup for the receptionist. Screen and direct calls and greet visitors.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Associates degree in a human service or business related field.
• Minimum of one full year experience in human services.
• Additional years of experience may be substituted for education.
• Ability to pass a state and federal criminal background check.
• Valid Alaska driver’s license with a good driving record and proof of auto insurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, follow directions and organize materials and time.
• Type 40 WPM.
• Ability to operate computers and other office equipment.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft based word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
• Knowledge of geriatric and disability issues preferred but not required.
• Ability to drive, and to use personal vehicle for Agency business.
Physical and Special Requirements
• Must have the ability to perform lifting and transferring of no less than fifty pounds and demonstrate good body mechanics while performing these tasks.
• Must be able to climb stairs and access individuals in non-accessible rooms or apartments.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Pay: $15-$18 per hour DOE. Generous leave, health insurance and 401k matching. This is a full time position.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Rebecca Marinelli at firstname.lastname@example.org