Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status.
Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska and Care Coordination Resource of Alaska is looking a dedicated full time Care Coordinator/Case Manager our Juneau office. We are recruiting a Care Coordinator/Case Manager with to join us in enriching the lives of disabled Alaskans of all ages throughout the state. We highly encourage those with SDS Care Coordination Certification to apply.
ARA is a statewide 501(c) (3) non-profit organization and Conflict Free Care Coordination Agency dedicated to ensuring the best possible quality of life for individuals who qualify for Alaska’s Home and Community Based Medicaid Waivers. ARA continues to be the state’s leading source of information, support and services for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia (ADRD).
Assess client/family needs and identify and coordinate the delivery of services. Client-oriented tasks will involve screening, assessment, service coordination, monitoring, follow-up and advocacy. The Care Coordinator will act as a liaison between community members, services, clients and state representatives.
Essential Job Functions
• Process requests for services, provide referrals, assessments, consultation, monitoring and follow-up.
• Develop a plan of care with and for individuals enrolled in the Care Coordination service and update the plan
• Explain and negotiate the fee system with each individual family enrolled in the Care Coordination program.
• Implement the plan of care, coordinating with the necessary providers.
• Monitor client situations to ensure the individual and family are receiving the services outlined in the plan of
• Advocate for new, improved and/or enhanced services to meet the needs of family coping with ADRD, CCMC
• Establish a network with other community service providers.
• Assist with new referral process by accepting phone call or appointment, collection of information, and
referral to appropriate department (commonly known as “intake”).
• Promote the Agency’s mission, goals and programs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, nursing, health, human services or closely related field. Work
experience can be substituted for a degree.
• Minimum of one year paid work experience in human services.
• Must be certified by the State of Alaska to provide Medicaid Waiver care coordination.
• Ability to pass a state and federal criminal background check.
• Valid Alaska driver’s license with a good driving record and proof of auto insurance.
• Negative TB screening and annual negative re-screening.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of or the ability to learn about Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders
• Knowledge of health care or social service systems.
• Knowledge of the Medicaid Waiver system.
• Ability to be sensitive to clients of all ages and cultures.
• Ability to evaluate client needs and complete assessments.
• Ability to network with representatives of other agencies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, follow directions and organize materials and time.
• Ability to operate computers and other office equipment.
• Ability to drive, and to use personal vehicle for Agency business.
Physical and Special Requirements
• Must have the ability to perform lifting and transferring of no less than fifty pounds and demonstrate good
body mechanics while performing these tasks.
• Must be able to climb stairs and access individuals in non-accessible rooms or apartments.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
How to apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to Care Coordination Resource of Alaska, Attn: Christy Long, Care Coordination Manager, 3225 Hospital Drive, Ste. 202, Juneau, AK 99801, or email CLong@ccralaska.org.
Care Coordination Resource of Alaska is an Equal Opportunity Employer.