Blog Submission Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in writing for the Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska blog.
Our blog highlights the knowledge you need to be a better caregiver as well as relevant information regarding Alzheimer’s and related dementias and any disability. We welcome any content that is useful for the people and communities that we serve.
Preference is given to practical advice that readers can use immediately. Topics can include:
- Personal stories
- Alzheimer’s, related dementias, and any disability
- Self-advocacy, individual advocacy or systems advocacy
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
Blog post guidelines
If you want an already published article to be republished to our blog, you’ll need to email us with a link to the original post and provide us with confirmation that the original author(s) of the blog post has signed off on their post being reposted to our site. Please note that we do not repost every article that is submitted to us.
- There is no minimum length, but we recommend about 500-1,000 words for decent depth and detail.
- Your post must be useful to the readers of this blog.
- Your post must not include marketing-related links and must not be entirely self-promotional.
- Your post must be grammatically correct and well-written.
- Your post should be written in a friendly, conversational voice/tone that’s less formal and more approachable.
- Accompanying image is optional. If you wish to provide an image to go with your blog post, it should be attributed (provide image source URL), at least 200×200 pixels, JPG or PNG format. If you submit a stock photo, please ensure it’s royalty-free and able to be shared and modified for marketing/commercial purposes. We’ll include a stock photo if you don’t provide a photo.
Common sense guidelines
- Use short paragraphs, subheadings, and/or bullet lists to break up your article.
- Proofread your article before submitting it to us. Make sure to check your spelling and grammar.
- Attribute any quoted/paraphrased info with links to the sources.
Author bio guidelines
- Recommended length is 50-75 words (2-3 sentences).
- You can include 2-3 links in the author bio.
- Include a clear, closeup headshot of yourself, at least 100×100 pixels, JPG or PNG format.
- Include a preferred professional title to be displayed with your name i.e., “Jane Smith, Education Director, Senior Center”. Or let us know if you don’t want to include a title.
Email your blog post to firstname.lastname@example.org with “guest post for ARA blog” in the subject line. Please send us the blog post as an editable Google Doc link. If you’re unable to share a Google Doc link, you can send us a .doc attachment, but do know that we may need to reformat it as a Google Doc file for easier back-and-forth editing. You can also email us with blog post ideas/potential titles if you want to be certain the topic you want to write on is suitable for our blog and is relevant and timely enough for publication.
If we publish your blog post, Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska has full rights to the content, including but not limited to edit, mix, duplicate, use, or re-use it in whole or in part as it so chooses.
Questions? Ask us .