Choosing our Own at-Home Options
The COHO program is designed to support adults living with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias or other cognitive disabilities, as well as their caregivers. Each qualifying Mat-Su participant will be assigned a COHO Consultant, who will work with you to create a tailored plan of supports and services to maximize independence and aging-in-place.
** Qualified participants must reside in the Mat-Su Borough, cannot live in an ALH/nursing home, and cannot be receiving services under any Medicaid waiver program.
Who can benefit?
- Family caregivers of someone living with a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia.
- A person diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementias who lives alone.
- A person with an intellectual or developmental disability with suspected cognitive decline who lives alone.
A COHO consultant will provide:
- Information and support to help connect you with health and community resources.
- Consultation using BRI Care Consultation™ to better understand your situation and provide information that can assist you in prioritizing concerns and making informed decisions.
- Referral to educational materials, trainings, and peer support.
- Assistance in developing a step-by-step support plan, with limited funding, to guide you through this journey.
- Ongoing support in adjusting as situations change or when faced with challenges.