Job Title: Executive Assistant Revised: 8/15
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA status: non-exempt
Assists Executive Director in matters relating to administrative operations and fund development.
Essential Job Functions
• Assists Executive Director with organizing, scheduling and planning of administrative matters relating to the Agency.
• Produces written correspondence and other documents for Executive Director and the Board.
• Assists Executive Director with preparation and compilation of grant proposals and grant reports and mails these materials on a timely basis. Maintains list of due dates.
• Maintains administrative files of Agency, Board and Staff matters in orderly fashion.
• Handles logistics and arrangements for Staff, Board and Agency functions, including identifying, securing and contracting needed services.
• Schedules appointments with Congressional Delegation, government or private sector representatives for meetings with Executive Director and Board as needed.
• Interacts with Board, community, health, business, professional and social agencies as needed.
• Makes business travel and lodging arrangements for Executive Director and Board members.
• Prepares meeting spaces, sets up teleconference equipment, and makes arrangements for food and beverage service for Board, Committee, staff and other agency administrative meetings as needed.
• Attends all Board meetings and some committee meetings when assigned, takes accurate Minutes, and disseminates these to all Board.
• Handles sensitive information in a confidential manner.
• Maintains databases of all Agency donors and donations.
• Works with Business Manager to maximize the functions of the organizational data base.
• Assists with organizing and implementing fundraising activities.
• Assists Development Director with special events, mass mailings and related tasks.
• Oversees routine maintenance of facility acting as liaison with janitorial, lawn care and snow removal contractors. Act as contact person for minor building repairs (plumbing, electrical, etc.).
• Act as back-up for maintenance and training of staff on office equipment such as copier, printers, phone systems, postage machine, etc.
• Acts as back-up for Receptionist and Program Assistants, assisting with answering telephones, greeting guests, and other front desk duties as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or three years office administration experience.
• Strong work and professional ethics.
• Ability to pass a state and federal criminal background check.
• Valid Alaska driver’s license with a good driving record and proof of auto insurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, follow directions and organize materials and time.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft based word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
• Proficient typing speed and accuracy.
• Ability to drive, and to use personal vehicle for Agency business.
Physical and Special Requirements
• Must have the ability to perform lifting and transferring of no less than twenty-five pounds and demonstrate good body mechanics while performing these tasks.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization