Share your story
Sharing a personal story can be a profound experience for the storyteller and those reading it. Your story can be powerful in helping people living with Alzheimer’s and related dementias, their families and caregivers in our Alaska communities and beyond.
People on similar journeys may be inspired or given a sense of empowerment when they see that they are not alone. Personal stories about our experiences can awaken our awareness, stretch our hearts, and help us heal.
View our storytelling guidelines.
- Credit: We would love to share your story and give you credit for your words. Your submission may be anonymous if you wish.
- Length: It can be as short or as long as you want it to be.
- Dedication: You may choose to dedicate your story to someone but this is not a requirement.
If you are not sure where to begin, here are some questions to consider in telling your story, but they are just a few suggestions:
- What challenges have you faced on your journey?
- What tips would you give to someone facing similar challenges to those you’ve experiences? What helped you heal and cope with a loss? Do you have advice for others on how to talk to a friend who is struggling, or guide them toward help? What’s the best way you’ve found to manage your own anxiety or depression?
- What has had the biggest positive impact in your journey?
- What did your healing journey look like?