Lupines and Fireweed might as well be our State Flower. You can only catch them blooming in late June through July.
The rest of the year we’ll have to create our own:
- White cardstock or watercolor paper
- Acrylic paint – Two different shades of the same color
- Bubble wrap
- Cut bubble wrap into the shape of a blossom
- Paint the bubble wrap shaped flower with the darker shade of paint
- Press the bubble wrap – paint side down on your paper
- Next, paint the bubble wrap shaped flower with the lighter shade of paint
- Press the bubble wrap with the lighter shade of paint right on top of the darker shade
- Add other details such as leaves!