Rock painting is a fun activity that can create some stunning results. Here are a couple of ideas that we created for some inspiration!
- Rock – clean and dry
- Acrylic paint – various colors
- Silicone (Find at Home Depot)
- Clear gloss spray paint – quick drying
- Disposable aluminum tray
- Paper cup
- Place rock or rocks in the aluminum tray (rather messy project)
- Layer your acrylic paint in the paper cup
- Drop 2 to 3 drops of silicone on top of the paint
- Stir slightly with a tooth pick
- Form a pouring spout on the paper cup
- Slowly pour the paint over the rock
- After the paint dries – spray with the clear gloss spray paint
- Write a message on the bottom of the rock with a black permanent marker
- Share your special rock with a friend
There are so many fun creative ways to paint rocks! This is just one of our favorites.
If you liked this one you’ll love our Northern Lights Rock Paintings.
Look for one of our Art Links classes for more inspiring activities.
You might also be interested in checking out Anchorage Rocks or one of the many similar groups on Facebook for more inspiration. We’re not affiliated but we are fans and love the inspiring work that people share!